End of Life of M1
On Sep 6 2018, Magento published a blog ‘Supporting Magento 1 through Jun 2020’, in which it mentioned that it will stop supporting Magento through 2020.
Here’s what they had to say.
“For Magento Commerce 1 (Enterprise), we are providing software support through June 2020. Depending on your version, software support may include both quality fixes and security patches.”
“For Magento Open Source 1 (Community), we are providing software security patches through June 2020 to ensure those sites remain secure and compliant.”
The blog also clearly states – ‘While we’re committed to supporting the success of all merchants, the time to upgrade to Magento Commerce 2 is now’.
Support only for Magento 2 extensions
Magento Marketplace is the official Magento extension store, that offers merchants a curated selection of solutions that helps to expand the Magento solution with powerful features and functionalities.
- Recently Magento removed or submissions canceled of Magento 1 extensions from Magento Marketplace.
- Moving forward only Magento 2 extensions will be available in the Magento Marketplace.
- Moreover, extensions, themes, and other code customization of Magento 1 store cannot be automatically migrated to Magento 2 store.
- You have to reach out the extension provider or the theme vendor to check out if they have versions compatible with Magento 2.
Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migration Process
Benefits of Magento 2
- 2 step checkout (Magento 1 has a 5 step process)
- Backend with enhanced usability and intuitive dashboard.
- Mobile & SEO friendly
- Zero data loss
- Improved performance & scalability.
- Quicker load time
- Complete security
- Instant purchase
- Prompt delivery
- Total security patches included
SoftLand Technology - Your Magento 2 migration partner
- SoftLand Technology is a Magento Professional Solution Team.
- With a strong team of 10+ members, we specialize in building Magento storefronts, which includes about 100+ implementations.
- Customer service is our strength.
- We drive revenue through
- Magento 1 to Magento 2 Migrations
- Magento Implementations
- Magento customizations
- Magento ERP integrations
- Magento UI/UX
- Magento Support and Maintenance
- Magento QA
- Magento SEO